Enumerated below are the truth behund sand filters:
Sand filters uses sand to filter the dirt in the water is one of the most traditional yet very effective way of removing the dirt in the water. It is very important to consider the type of filter that you would like to use for your swimming pool. At the end of the day, cleaning the water through traditional way is still the best.
Sand filters are not just composed of sands, sand filters are made with the gelatinous substance making the whole process easy and effective. The gelatinous substances make the water cleaner for the swimmers.
Sand filters uses total depth of sand to collect all the dirt trapped in the water. It is very important to get all the dirt trapped in the water because it maintains the cleanliness of the water.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
With drowning, being one of the major causes of death nowadays, it is safer if you will assure the safety and cleanliness of any public pool that we are going to swim or dive at. Remember, it is good to trust the owner of those pools but to double check will make no harm to anyone. So here's what you have to do when dealing with public pools:
- Check for drain covers. You can ask the pool maintenance or any authorized person in the pool if the swimming pool has modern and anti-entrapment drain covers. In the United States, having such kind of drains are requires by the Federal Law. But if you are in other place aside from the U.S., it doesn't mean that you don't have to check or look for it. Accident happens anytime and anywhere so better be vigilant because danger could be there wherever you are.
- Check for the water chemistry. Before going to your destination, make sure to check the swimming pool's local health inspection history. Reports about the water can give you the idea if the place that you are going to is safe or not. Proper pool chemistry to prevent water illnesses and disease caused by bacteria, viruses and other harmful microorganisms are being enforced by the local health officials so you can ask them to help you. Just in case you don't have time to do it, you can check the pool water's chemistry as soon as you arrive. Use a water-testing strip. Dip it into the pool and it will tell you the water's acid and alkaline level/chemistry after few minutes.
- Check for detection systems for drowning. Don't forget to ask if the pool has a Drowning Detection System. Drowning detection system are above-the-water cameras which determine the positions and locations to know whether a swimmer is suffering from drowning. As soon as the system suspects that someone is in danger, it will quickly give alert to the lifeguard as it gives the exact location of the swimmer.
- Check for their Proof of Certification. Public swimming pools must have a certification from NSF (formerly the National Safety Foundation, now known solely by its acronym) which is a partner of World Health Organization on the Swim Safer program that voluntarily evaluates the pool safety and cleanliness of swimming pools. With their evaluation like on-site water testing, filtration system assessment, and pool deck verification, you are guaranteed that the swimming pool is safe and clean to swim at.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Pool liners give life to your above-ground pool. With this, the pool looks lively and more attractive. More than having a pool liner, maintaining its cleanliness will surely make your pool look splendid. Here are some tips on how to clean your above-ground pool liner:
1. Drain the swimming pool. This is the best way to clean the entire pool liner.
2. Clean the pool liner by using a MILD cleanser and soft scrubbing brush or sponge. Make sure to clean each part of the liner, especially those small sections. Avoid using rough scrub because it may cause damage to the liner.
3. If the liner is extremely dirty, allow the cleanser to stay first in the pool liner for the dirt to be smooth and easy to clean.
4. Attach a submersible pump and drain hose in the center of the pool to pump our water that has been used in cleaning the entire pool.
5. Gently remove the pump and refill the water in the pool. When the pool is filled with water, turn the pool filter on. Let it run for 1-2 days before you add more pool chemicals into it.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Wondering how some pool owners manage to have a danger-free pool? Thinking if there is always someone who is looking after the pool every minute of the day? Well, I will tell you how.
Pool owners who wants to have a danger-free pool decide to have guards that they don’t have to pay monthly but stay awake any time of the day. That guard is called “pool fence.” Pool fences are fences that are placed around the pool to prevent the unwanted intruders to go inside, especially when the pool is not in use.
By using a pool fence, you have the following benefits:
- One-time investment. You don’t have to buy monthly as long as it is working well.
- Low maintenance. All you have to do is install it, clean it once in a while and it will give you the safety that you want.
- Most pool fences are ultraviolet rays protected.
- Full protection for your children and pets.
Now, you can say NO to danger with pool fences!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Pool covers help maintain the cleanliness of the swimming pool. It keeps the pool away from different unwanted debris and dirt. It also helps in saving energy. Another thing that a pool cover does is that, it keeps the pool area safe when the pool is not in use. With pool cover, children and pets are far from any danger that an open but unused pool can cause.
It is important that a pool cover is properly spread because if not, it may still not be effective for its purpose. To do this, follow these simple tips:
- Let the pool cover lay in one edge of the swimming pool. In case that the pool cover is bounced up, fold it lengthwise for it to be easy to pull over the swimming pool.
- From one edge of the pool, walk to the other side while pulling the pool cover and make sure that the cover is unfurled evenly.
- Once the pool cover id completely unrolled, lay it on the other side of the pool. Attach the cables and straps that must be used to secure that it will not be blown up by the wind which may cause for it to be damaged.
Related article: When Spring and Summer Ends, Use Pool Cover